I made lasagna for the first time!! Maybe I’m far too excited over this simple pleasure? Whatever! I had never made lasagna before this and barely even liked lasagna, rarely ever ate it, but for some reason I had the biggest craving to make it. So I did! And it turned out amazing!
The only adjustment I may make it to use minced garlic instead of garlic powder, but in my case I didn’t notice bf had thrown it out until it was too late. Rally, how important are those silly expiration dates anyway? Ha-ha and I may buy extra sauce for leftovers because it got a tad bit dry in the reheating process. Still delicious though!! Also, I think spinach would be tasty in this too.
Ok, are you ready for the recipe now?!
· 12 Lasagna Noodles
· 1 (25 oz.) Jar Pasta Sauce
· 1 lb. Italian Sausage
· 2 C. Mozzarella Cheese
· 1 C. Parmesan Cheese
· 16 oz. Ricotta Cheese
· 2 Eggs
· Spices: Salt, Pepper, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Red Ppper Flakes
· Brown the sausage and drain oil
· Bring large pot of water to boil, add pasta noodles one by one and boil until al dente. Be careful when stirring so as not to break the noodles.
· While that’s boiling get a medium mixing bowl and mix together the ricotta, parmesan, eggs and just 1 C. mozzarella.
· Pour a thin layer of pasta sauce into the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish.
· In a small mixing bowl, mix together pasta sauce, spices and sausage.
· Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
· When the noodles are done drain the water and lay them out on a flat surface (so they don’t stick together)
· Start layering! Four noodles, sauce, cheese mix. You should end up with 3 layers.
· Top off the dish with the remaining mozzarella and extra parmesan if you please.
· Cover with foil & bake for 20-30 minutes.
· Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes until cheese is melty.
I served mine with fresh Cesar salad and toasted garlic bread and it was scrumptious!
Hope you love it as much as I did!
Have you made any new recipes lately? Please share!!